How To Use Lemon Juice For Acne
Many of us have a common problem of acne. We are tired of using so many products to get rid of acne. Sometimes we use products which don’t suit our skin. Doctors suggest many kinds of expensive ointments. You can use ointments if it suits you. But I prefer to go with natural ways. The article I am providing you talks everything which is natural.
When it comes to natural solution of acne I prefer Lemon juice. Yes, you heard it right. Throughout generations lemons have been used to treat flu, cold, sore throat etc. Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic property which helps to clear the unwanted irritations in your smooth skin. Lemon juice contains acidic elements which cause the breakdown of the germs and infections which reside in acne.
How to use Lemon juice for acne:
Lemon juice can be used directly on your affected areas. This can be expressed through a procedure.
- First of all start with a cleanser. You can use any cleanser which goes with your skin. Or else you can use anti bacterial soap.
- Then you can take steam by placing your face over hot water and use a towel over your head. This process will help in opening up the pores of your skin.
- There is another way. Take a cotton towel or clothe. Dip it in warm water then after rinsing the water out of cotton towel; apply the small cloth on your face. This is another way of steaming your face.
- Squeeze half of a lemon and take about 2 tsp of juice. Apply lemon juice tenderly with cotton balls on the acne affected areas.
- Leave the juice on your face for nearly about 1-2 hr. Then rinse your face with cold water. Repeat the process for 2 days per week. Definitely you will see improvement on your face.
Substitute ways to use lemon juice:
Lemon juice is sometimes bitter for some people. Those who have sensitive skin go with the itchy dilemma. Skin may feel burnt or painful or inflamed due to acidic action which dwells in lemon juice. It can make your skin look dark. Skin can look even worse if your skin doesn’t suit lemon juice. Don’t Afraid. Before using it to your face apply it on your hand. If it irritates a lot then stop using it. Whenever you are facing a burning situation try to switch off to another solution. Don’t use lemon juice directly on your face as this will disturb your skin surface and it will make your skin look even worse.
You can use lemon juice in other ways to get rid of acne. Below are given some substitute to use lemon juice. Hope you will enjoy the process. Stay tuned.
Honey can be used with lemon juice to treat acne. The process is given below:
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Then add with it ½ tsp of honey in the same bowl.
- Mix it very well then apply the mixture onto your face.
- Any types of skin combination people can use this mixture as it is a complete balance of acid and sweet substances.
For effective acne treatment, one can use rose water with lemon juice.
- Take a part of lemon juice and add there the same amount of rose water.
- Apply it gently with cotton balls on your skin.
- Then leave it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with clean cold water.
Lemon juice fights against the bacterial problem which results in acne and the rose water helps to soothe your skin surface. Use this method for about 2-3 days in a week.
Glycerin works as a cooling component as like honey or rose water. It is quite sticky that’s why it can be used as a mask.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice and add with it ½ tsp glycerin.
- Then add with it 1/3 tsp of flour.
- Make a thick paste out of the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture before going to bed. You can keep the mixture overnight. The flour will dry out the mixture after 1 hour. So, if you want you can rinse your face after application of the mixture.
You can repeat the process whenever you find a good quality time. At least use the mixture once in 15 days. It will help to reduce down the acne.
Yogurt can be applied as a mask. It helps to peel of excess oil which causes acne or pimples related issues.
- Take 1 tbsp of yogurt then add 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- After that add with it ½ tsp of sugar. Sugar will help to soothe your skin and it will work as a scrub.
- Apply it all over your face. Or you can only apply it in the affected areas.
- Yogurt helps in removing dirt from your skin and lemon juice works as an antiseptic for the bacteria which causes acne.
This mixture is proven to be very effective by a lot of people. Try to re-apply the mixture once in 3 days. This will surely help to demise acne.
- Try to avoid using lemon juice directly on your face. This will disrupt the natural PH balance of your skin.
- If your skin irritates after the application of lemon juice then stop using it. Before using it onto your face apply the juice on your hand.
- All time make sure that if your skin inflames after using any of the above methods then add with it a few drops of water. Water will loosen up the acid which eventually resides in lemon juice.