It’s very difficult to find a human being who has never came across of the razor bumps at least once in his or her life. Razor burn occurs when you are shaving the unnecessary hair. After shaving you may have a beautiful face, leg or armpit but also you have a chance to become a victim of razor bumps.
What is razor bumps?
Razor bumps is nothing but a by product of hair removing. Usually razor bumps associated with itching, redness, swollen and sometimes pain.
Where Razor bump is seen:
Sites of razor bumps are not fixed because any shaving area can be affected. But usually face, armpits, bikini area and legs are the common places of razor bumps.
How to get rid of razor bumps:
It’s not so complicated to treat the razor bumps. You may suffer a lot with this frequently because you may not have proper idea about how to manage razor burn.
Treatment of razor bumps:
1. Make sure that your skin is dry and dirt free:
It’s obligatory to make the area dry and clean. You may use lukewarm or cold water for cleaning the affected area. Use a soft towel or cotton cloth to make the area dry. Moist area has the maximum probability of catching any bacterial infection.
2. Don’t scratch the affected area:
First of all, you have to stop itching because it can increase the chance of infection. Itching may give you temporary satisfaction but it will give you a long time suffering. It decreases the curing process. So, resist yourself from itching or rubbing the affected area.
3. Wear cotton made under garments:
Try to use cotton under garments if you are facing bikini line bumps. Avoid tight fit clothing. Tight cloth obstructs the air and your affected area needed air to breathe.
4. Hot compress is very effective:
Hot compress can give you quick relief from pain. It also reduces the engorgement. Apply hot compress by using a hot water bag for 5-10 minutes. You can repeat this procedure by your requirement or twice or thrice a day.
5. Cold compress is your another solution:
Cold compress is also effective in razor bumps. It can give instant relief from soreness and itching. Below is given a quick technique.
You will need:
A. Some ice cube or cold water or Ice bag;
B. Towel or cotton cloth;
1. In case you are using ice bag than gently apply it on the affected area.
2. If you don’t have an ice bag at the very moment then you can soak a towel in cold water or wrap ice cube in towel. Then apply it on the affected part of your body.
6. Apply cucumber milk mask:
Cucumber milk mask is very functional for getting rid of razor bumps.
You will need:
A.1/2cup of pureed cucumber
B. 1/3 cup of milk
1. Mix pureed cucumber and milk together.
2. Place the mixture into refrigerator and make them cool.
3. Now apply the Cucumber milk mask on the affected area.
4. Leave the mask for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
7. Aloe Vera gel is an excellent home remedy:
Aloe Vera is natural product that has anti inflammatory properties. It can reduce swelling and pain. Aloe Vera helps the skin to smoothen up. Gently apply Aloe Vera gel on the affected area.
8. Topical Steroids is a fine choice for razor bumps:
Steroid cream is very effective against razor bumps. You can choose hydrocortisone cream for topical use. Usually within 5 days razor bumps depart if you use hydrocortisone cream. After getting rid of razor bumps, immediately stops application of steroid cream.
9. Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil is a natural product which is used against razor bumps in different countries of the world. If you massage tea tree oil in the affected area then it will reduce the time of healing.
10. Aspirin paste:
Aspirin is very effective in razor bumps. Its mainly is topically used on the razor bumps. It has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory capability. So it reduces the chance of infection.
You will need:
A. Two Crushed aspirin;
Procedure of use:
1. Mix a teaspoon of water with the Crushed aspirin.
2. Make a paste and apply it directly on the razor bumps. Allow the paste to desiccate.
3. After 5 minutes later rinse off by lukewarm water.
11. Use Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is used in razor bumps because it’s very easy to use.
You will need:
A. Apple cider vinegar
B. Cotton ball
1. Dilute apple cider vinegar by mixing water.
2. Dab a cotton ball into it.
3. Gently apply it on the affected area.
4. Leave the area for air dry.
5. Wash away the ACV by lukewarm water after 5-10 minutes after air day.
6. You can repeat this procedure 2-3 times in a day.
12. See a Dermatologist:
When razor bumps persist several weeks and there’s no sign of healing then you should visit a Dermatologist.
Prevention is better than cure:
1. Make sure that you are using a sharp blade for shaving:
If the blade that you are using for shaving is not enough sharp then it can cause razor bumps. So use sharp blade every time during shaving.
2. Follow proper shaving technique:
Many people suffer by razor bumps because they don’t know the proper shaving technique. Direction of the shaving should go along the direction of hair growth. Don’t move the razor against the hair growth.
3. Choose bikini area First:
Try to shave the bikini line before shaving the other parts of the body.
4. Avoid shaving everyday:
Don’t shave every day. Allow the hair to grow out. Try to maintain 3 days between two consecutive shavings.
5. Hard hairs have more chance of razor bumps:
Make sure that your hairs are soft. Use shaving foam or gel for better result. You can also use mild soap.
6. Use cold water after completing the shaving:
Rinse off the shaving area after removal of hair. Cold water reduces the chance of infection by closing the skin pores quickly and it also gives a soothing feeling.
7. Proper post shaving care:
Proper post shaving care can minimize the chance of razor bumps. Use shaving lotion or gel on the shaving area. It will give you a good result.
8. Don’t shave before healing the razor bumps:
It will worse your condition if you shave again on the affected area. So give adequate time for the healing of razor bumps.
9. Choose waxing or laser hair removal:
If you have sensitive skin then you can choose waxing or laser hair removing technique. Though laser hair removing technique is costly but most women are finding it vital and trouble-free. So, they are getting eager with this technique.