How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
“What happened to you?” “Are you suffering from hypertension?” Is your health is doing fine or not?” Haven’t you been slept all night?” These types of question are common around you if you are facing the repulsive dark circles under and around your eyes. This is one of the most familiar problems I have heard from many of my friends, relatives and even from my siblings also. We all suffered from this problem at some point of our life. We will try to discuss about the whole process and the remedies which we find from our own experience and also from my close ones.
Dark circle is simply the staining around the eyes of a person. Staining can sound a bit odd. This eventually means your eye area is darker than your normal skin tone. This is one acute dilemma which can be found among 87% people around us.
FIND OUT THE CAUSES OF DARK CIRCLE:
Age is one factor for which dark circle is a familiar issue than any other. After a certain period of time a person’s skin thin up slowly and which creates a shade on your hollow area.
Tiredness is one major causes of dark circle. If you are tired of work and hectic life than you might gain dark circles.
ASIAN SKIN TONE-
People who are Asian skin tone they tend to have dark circles because of their skin type. Hollow parts of their eye areas are highly pigmented.
Look over at your place. If you see maximum of your family member are having dark circles than you might have a chance to get it as well.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL STRESS-
Mental and physical stress can cause dark pigmentation around your eye area. At the time of stress you are in lack of hydration as you forget about drinking or eating properly.
Allergies are sometimes the big reason for your dark circles. Person having allergies rubes their eyes frequently which ultimately tend to get darken by the passing time.
APPLICATION OF SOME HOME REMEDIES:
Dark circle issue is quite common and you don’t need to worry much. As worrying can also worsen your dark circles. Continuation of some home remedies can improve the dark patches around your eyes.
Potato is said to have anti aging properties. Grate one medium sized raw potato and keep it in fridge for about 20 minutes. After that lie down and place some grated potato on your eyes and give a short nap with stillness and relaxation. Keep the grated potato for about 30 minutes minimum. Use this home remedy each day before going for bath. My sister applied this method on herself and you will notice the discoloration will fade within 10 days of using the raw potato. It’s a bit of lengthy method but if you need not desire to look exhausted or drained you need to do some firm work.
Cucumber is one natural ingredient which can be used in many cases. Cucumber is used for soothing and also for skin tightening.
- Take a cucumber from fridge and cut two thick slices.
- Apply the thick cucumber directly onto your eye area by lying down for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water after applying cucumber. Apply this method daily for 1 week to get better result.
Some people have sinusitis or cold allergies problem they can avoid using cold cucumber or cold water. Cucumber helps to make your eye area hydrated and also tightens up the thinness on the eye area which ultimately reduces shadows.
3.TEA AND MINT SOLUTION:
This method is one ancient which was applied by my grandmother and eventually my sister is using this technique to get rid of her severe dark circle problems.
- Infused 2 teaspoon of tea leaves in 1 and ½ cup of boiling water. Boil it for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Extract the liquid from the mixture.
- Before sealing it in jar, mug or glass add few fresh mint leaves and leave it in the fridge to cool down.
- After 1 hour take out the jar and dip two cotton balls or pads and apply onto your eye area and relax for a while.
- Use this solution at least 3 times a week along with the cucumber or potato method. This technique is 100% homemade and genuine. My sister noticed her result within 2 weeks of use. You can use the above measured item for 2 weeks.
4.ALMOND OIL & TURMERIC:
This solution is also very effective. Almond oil moisturizes your skin make it even and turmeric helps to brighten your skin tone. It carries some anti allergic content which is very effective for those who have sensitivity issues.
- Take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and add with it few drops almond oil. Add extra if needed.
- Make a thick paste. Now apply the paste onto the hollow areas of your eyes( It means below your eyes and on the outer corner)
- Now with gentle finger means with your ring finger lightly rub the below area of eyes. Rub for minimum 5 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with cold water.
By using this method you will see instant brightness. Use this method once a week at least to get better result.
Cold spoon method is specially used to reduce puffiness of eyes. Sometimes improper sleep, hypertension and excessive crying can cause puffiness on eyes. Keep to tablespoon on the fridge. After 1 to 2 hour take it out and place in ob your eyes. Keep it until the spoon again gets warm. You will feel that your puffiness and shadowy effect faded after sometime. But this is not a remedy fully for dark circle. It will not affect the dark circle in a greater way.
Tomato is one natural ingredient which will helps to brighten and also works as anti aging properties.
- Take some fresh tomato juice (1/2 cup). Add with it 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Don’t forget to add ½ tsp of honey. Honey is very important because lemon contains citric acid. This could irritate your under eye area if you don’t use honey.
- Now apply the mixture with cotton pads under your eye area.
- Keep it for under your eye area for 10 minutes. After that removing the pads rub gently with your ring finger. Wash it with water. Do this method at least 3 days a week along with any two other aforesaid techniques.
6.CONCEAL EYE AREA:
This is not a permanent remedy. By concealing you can only get rid of the dark circles for a short span of time. You can use any makeup product to conceal your eyes area. There’s a lot more concealing product in market. You will get those entire items at a drugstore price and also with high end prices.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO KEEP IN YOUR MIND:
- First thing would be to have a tight sleep. Sleep is a must needed thing. People sometimes tell by sleeping for regular 8 hours your dark circle will fade out. This is the most non-sensing thing that I heard from people. It’s never enough to sleep to get rid of dark circles. Sleeping for 6-7 hour is enough for a human body.
- Please avoid using warm water on your face. Warm water increases darkness as well it increases puffiness.
- If your eye area loses collagen it can create dark circles. If you are using any types of eye cream then try to find out creams containing Vitamin A. It will increase the production of collagen on your eyes.
- Note that, makeup can age your skin fast. It will be more harmful if you sleep with your makeup. That’s why cleansing oil or a good cleanser is a must to remove makeup. Make your eyes area to breathe.
- If you want to brighten your eye are, use the products containing licorice, Vitamin C and kojic acid. This ingredient helps to increase your brightness of your eye area. There are many products which contains these entire ingredients.
- Whenever you are going out try to use sunscreen. UV rays tend to dim down your eye area. As eyes is the sensitive part of your face.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Dark circle can occur due to dehydration.
Hope all the above method will help you. Home remedies used in this article is totally home based and tested by many members. Feel free to share the remedies with everyone.